Sunday 9 May 2010

bluebells, beech leaves and Matisse

This morning I went out early with the dog into the woods. I really needed to walk and was out for two hours. I took my camera to photograph the bluebells which are simply stunning at the moment - the most beautiful heart stopping blue colour.
I wasn't expecting the vibrant green of the beech leaves either and took several pictures of the leaves against the sky. This evening I was downloading the photographs and one particularly caught my imagination, especially as the shapes of the shadows showed through the transparency of the leaves. Then I was watching Modern Masters on Matisse and realised that I could make a design based on those leaf shapes but make them very simple. I am very excited about the potential and can't wait to try out some ideas. The last piece I made was so intense for so many reasons. This will just be calm and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment